I finished the damn thing! Have some pictures:
(The lighting’s rubbish, but I was impatient.)
I feel that this top has been going on for so long that I’m all blogged out about it, mentally if not in reality! But a short record of my feelings:
- Love, love, love the colour. Still. I’m wearing it with jeans here, but it’ll go even better with my black work skirt/trousers.
- I think that the fit’s pretty good. There seem to be a lot of wrinkles in the photos, but bearing in mind that it’s a fitted top in a completely non-drapy woven, that’s not unreasonable.
- I could have probably flared out for the hips a bit less. I’ll bear that in mind next time.
- I love the buttons! Bit of a PITA in that I need to ask for assistance in getting dressed/ undressed, but this would be more of a problem if I were single.
- I removed a couple of inches of ease from the sleeve head, and I’m really glad that I did. I’m with Kathleen Fasanella on this one. I’m still pretty proud of how smoothly I got the insertion, given that set-in sleeves are my nemesis even when you don’t have a neat-looking-but-somewhat-complicated facing method which involves sandwiching the sleeve head between the front and front facing and then stitching the whole seam in one go.
Have I found my TNT fitted woven? I’d say so 🙂